Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mohammad Asif Dope test

Mohammad Asif, who opted out of the Indian Premier League at his own request, must still be cleared of doping charges if he wants to play for Pakistan again, an official said on Tuesday.
Mohammad Asif who was contracted for Delhi Daredevils For three Years 650,000$ a year contract in the 20-twenty format. "We have released him, but I suppose Asif still needs to have his name cleared if he wants to play official cricket," Delhi Daredevils chief operating officer Amrit Mathur told .Asif was found 0.24 gms of opium in his wallet in the Dubai Airport.The talented seamer has taken 51 wickets in 11 Tests, 36 wickets in 31 one-dayers and 12 wickets in nine Twenty20 internationals since his debut in 2005."I am going through a tremendous amount of pressure. My only purpose and wish is to play for my nation Pakistan again, and for that I need to disengage from any other cricket engagements."

No comments:

Post a Comment